BSc – Professional associate member of the RICS (MRICS)
James Harrocks has over 30 years’ experience in advising on commercial property. Having started his career at Mason Owen in 1987 he moved on to Tushingham Moore where he was well known for establishing the professional department of the business.
He was an integral component to the growth and success of Tushingham Moore where he was a senior partner for more than 20 years prior to the business being sold to Lambert Smith Hampton in 2015. Following 3 years at LSH James decided that with the continually evolving and changing retail market the time was right to offer a niche and personal service to retained clients and has established Harrocks Commercial Property Ltd to fulfil this role.
Harrocks offers its extensive experience in retail property matters including agency, asset management and professional advice for key landlord, retailer and developer clients.
Over the course of his career James has acted for many of the UK’s most established landlord clients including British Land, Intu, Land Securities, Threadneedle, HSBC, Scottish Widows, Tesco Pension Fund, Orbit and Allied Irish Bank. He has also represented some of the UK’s best known retailers including Next, Vision Express, Signet, Superdrug and DW Fitness.
James is currently retained advisor on several in-town and out-of-town shopping centres including advising Infrared Capital Partners on their ownership of St John’s Shopping Centre Liverpool, Eastgate Centre Basildon and St George’s Centre Preston. He is also retained by Fairacre on their ownership of The Arcades Centre Ashton-under-Lyne and out of town instructions include Aintree Racecourse Retail Park on behalf of Emmerson Management Services and Halifax Retail Park on behalf of private clients. He is also a retained professional retail & leisure property advisor for several north west-based property companies including McComb Property Company, Downing, Triple Jersey Limited and Ropley Properties. Key past instructions have included:
- Llandudno – Mostyn Champneys Retail Park – Asset management and professional advice for British Land Plc.
- Walsall – Crown Wharf – Asset management and professional advice for British Land Plc.
- Lincoln – Waterside Shopping Centre – Asset management and professional advice on behalf of Tesco Pension Fund.
- Sunderland – Riverside Retail Park – Professional advice for Pillar Properties/British Land.
- Northwich Retail Park – Professional advice for Pillar Properties/British Land.
- Nottingham – Victoria Centre – Asset management and professional advice for Capital Shopping Centres/Intu.
- Hanley – The Potteries Centre – Asset management and professional advice for Capital Shopping Centres/Intu.